Cocoa Butter has always been known as a great emollient that tends to moisturize the skin to keeping it soft and supple. To answer the question_ “Is Cocoa Butter Effective on Stretch Marks?” you need to understand stretch marks and how to treat it with Cocoa butter.
Stretch Marks are those pink or red glossy streaks that appear on the skin. Stretch marks appear when the skin stretches and break down the middle layer of the skin, commonly due to pregnancy or quick weight gain or loss.
Cocoa butter is a thick oily substance derived from cocoa beans and vegetable fat which has great emollient assets that calms and softens the skin. Cocoa butter has always been used as a remedy for stretch marks and some other skin conditions because of its antioxidant properties and ability to dissolve on the skin and penetrate the deep into the skin to treat any deep skin issues like stretch marks.
The effectiveness of Cocoa butter on your stretch marks depends on how you apply it. Cocoa butter moisturized the skin to improve its elasticity property and also can repair deep skin cells. Cocoa butter may not remove your stretch marks completely immediately but it will instigate the stretch marks till it becomes paler, and slowly it will repair your skin into appearing the natural way. Here are some of the tips to applying cocoa butter effectively on the distressed part of your skin with stretch marks.
- Always apply Cocoa butter on a regular basis for an extended period of time. Frequent utilization is required to make cocoa butter become efficient and effective.
- Try to clean the distressed part of your skin with a non-irritating soap and dab it dry with a towel before applying cocoa butter.
- Apply a magnanimous quantity of cocoa butter on the part distressed by stretch marks and massage for at least one minute and give your skin time to absorb the cocoa butter before putting on your dress.
- Make an habit of applying cocoa butter onto the stretch marks at least two times daily; you can put it on in the morning and prior going to bed. It is important to shower or bath first before put on the cocoa butter.
- When selecting your cocoa butter cream or lotion extract, try to get cocoa butter product that has extra emollients agents like elastin, shea butter, collagen, emu oil, and vitamin E. Using cocoa butter with those extra emollients agents is to intensify the effect of the cocoa butter in lessening your stretch marks.
Cocoa butter is typically obtainable from any beauty store; try to check for brands that have extra emollients agents in their products.
You don’t need to wait till stretch marks start popping up on your skin before you start using Cocoa butter, cocoa butter can also serve as stretch marks preventing agent. It is often recommended for pregnant women to always apply cocoa butter on the areas that tend to expands during pregnancy such as stomach, hips, breasts, and thighs to prevent stretch marks from developing. Cocoa Butter is made from natural ingredients so it is safe to use.