Cellulite refers to a collection of fat stored beneath the skin that pushes against the connective tissue given a dimpled, pucker and lumpy appearance around the affected area. Almost all women live with cellulite today which also includes teen. Research shows that cellulites are more common among women than men because apparently women collective tissue differs from that of men which make our body store fat differently. So also, it is more common among teenage girls than teenage boys.
Causes of cellulite in teen
A lot of factors have been attributed to the causes of cellulite. Fat in the teen body is slightly stored differently compare to that in adults. Nevertheless, all teens have fat stored in their body this includes even the thin ones. Therefore, all teens are greatly affected with the possibility of developing cellulite. Cellulite in teen is mostly influenced by genetics and genders among others. Part of the body that is greatly affected by cellulite in teen includes thighs, buttocks, hips, and stomach.
Other factors that are said to influence the growth of cellulite are dehydration, hormones, poor diet and slow metabolism. The amount of weight gain and loss by a teen while growing up can also contribute to the possibility.
Treatment for cellulite
There have been many promises out there to cure cellulite. But the big question is do they really work? Research shows that most of the remedies available for cellulite are actually a temporary treatment and an improvement in the area of the body affected by cellulite.
However, Laser therapy which involves the use of lasers such as Cellulase and CelluSmooth is a surgical procedure that has successfully been used to cure cellulite but it comes with a great cost. Other less costly treatments that women have been using to reduce and improve their body are serums, creams, caffeine, heating, freezing treatment, and intense body massage.
Prevention tips for cellulite in teen
Cellulite can sometimes be inevitable. However, teens that are concern about cellulite and looking for a way to prevent or reduce the risk can try the following:
- It is advisable for a teen that is concern to adopt a healthy life at his or her early year
- Engage in physical exercise routine regularly to build toned body
- Avoid smoking
- Take up good diet plan, mind the number of calories you consume daily
- Eat lot of vegetables, fruit and fiber
- Keep hydrated buy taking lot of water
- Avoid sudden weight change (loss or gain)
- Seek expert help to know the best exercise or diet plan for you.
Tips to help teen with cellulitis
- Never relent on regular exercise to ensure mental and physical upbeat.
- Wear clothes that complement your body and flatters the part you like about your body.
- Focus and develop the things that define who you are and people love about you. Like good personality, intelligence, good sense of humor, and kindness. This will help you build your confidence.
- Develop your talent and focus on your hobbies such as sports, music, reading and writing.
As hard as it can be for a teen to live with cellulite, it is important to remember that there is more to beauty than body appearance. Good body shape, smile and self-confidence, fashion choice is part of attractive features a person can have. Talk to your parent, doctor or counselor for further help you need that is not clear to you.