Cellulite has got to be the least favorite word in the dictionary. Part of the challenge with cellulite is that there is a lot of misleading information on how it is caused and how it can be remediated. As a result it causes women to be overly worried and stressed about the appearance of cellulite on their body. The truth is that there are certain foods that can aid in the reduction of cellulite; however the most effective way to see these changes is by committing to a healthy lifestyle. Instead of focusing on short term dieting (which can actually worsen your cellulite) make steps to eat healthy and exercise more regularly. There are certain foods that have been shown to help weight loss and prevent the appearance of cellulite.
Start including these in your diet and you will be surprised at the impact it will have.
1. Green Tea: Green tea has been shown to help increase the rate of fat burning in the body. It contains an ingredient (Epigallocatechin gallat) that helps inhibit the growth of fat cells that causes cellulite. In addition is also helps to rid the body of toxins ad flush out fat. This is a well-known secret that many athletes and health fanatics include in their diet to help lean out.
2. Dark Leafy Greens: These days it seems as though everyone has been stressing the importance of kale, and they’re right! Dark leafy greens contain a plethora of nutrients that help our cells to generate faster, promote blood circulation and help the breakup of fat. Not only that but these veggies contain a high water content which helps keep you hydrated and also flushes out toxins from the body. Veggies like spinach, kales, chard, and broccoli are some of the veggies you should be including in your diet. A simple way to get your daily serving of veggies is by juicing them, that way you retains as much of the fiber antioxidants and minerals that it contains.
3. Foods with Essential Fatty Acids: Foods that have high omega-3 content are believed to help reduce the appearance of cellulite as they promote increased blood circulation and improve blood vessel health. Most forms of fish contain healthy omega 3 such as salmon and sardines. However there are also plant based sources such as sunflower seeds, walnuts and chia seeds that make a great addition to your diet.
4. Fruits: Fruits are an important part in helping cellulite reduction because of the large amount of vitamins, nutrients and fiber contained. Fruits also have high water content and have very few calories which make then a great and important addition to a healthy diet. Some fruit like berries and cranberries have been particularly noted as effective due to the high level of antioxidants that they contain.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: This item is a must have in your home due to its range of benefits and applications. Apple Cider vinegar contains potassium calcium and magnesium that prevent water retention and help to flush out toxins and also helps you to lose weight. Adding a tablespoon of apple cider to your water every day is a great way to get your metabolism rate going for the day.
6. Lemon Juice: Lemon Juice is a great solution for cellulite because of its high Vitamin C content which helps promote fat cell metabolism. Additional foods that contain high levels of Vitamin C have been shown to increase collagen levels which helps to strengthen skin and reduce cellulite. Other foods that contain high vitamin C levels include oranges, pineapples and grapefruits.
Making a change to be healthier can almost feel impossible at time. There is so much information out there that it makes it hard to know what to believe or where to start. The good thing is you don’t have to make all these changes at once. Start small and slowly take the necessary steps to transform your life and get rid of that stubborn cellulite.