TOP-HEALTH-TODAY’S OVERALL RATING: 80%
Biodermis™ Epi-derm Standard Sheet Overview:
Biodermis™ Epi-derm Standard Sheet is a scar gel sheet that is sold in two color options (clear gel or natural fabric backed). However, the natural colored sheet contains silicone and has an added fabric liner (spandex). The clear gel sheet is made of 100% silicone.
Silicone has been evaluated and undergone studies that show how it is beneficial in the healing process of scars. It can be used in a gel form and topically applied for best results. However, silicone sheets may be effective as well. According to the manufacturer, Biodermis™ Epi-derm Standard Sheet is an FDA class 1 medical device and it has been clinically proven to reduce the appearance of scars while making them smooth and flat. This device is washable and reusable.
Keloids and hypertrophic scars are two common scar types. Luckily, this scar sheet approach is marketed for use on both these scar types along with both old and new scars. Be sure to use these sheets as directed to achieve best results.
- Sold in different color patches (natural and clear)
- Intended for old and new scars
- Promoted for Keloids and hypertrophic scars
- Contains 100% silicone in clear option
- Does not offer Buy 2, get 1 Free deal
Sizes Available:4.7 x 5.7 in (12 x 14.5 cm)
Directions For Use:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Wash both scar and hands per cleaning instructions.
- Open the non-sterile pouch containing the Epi-Derm Silicone Gel Sheet.
- Remove the gel sheeting from the plastic substrate liner(s) prior to use.
- Epi-Derm may be cut into smaller pieces using scissors or a scalpel. Once you have determined the appropriate size of sheeting to use, apply tacky side to the scar. The gel sheeting should fully cover the scar and extend ¼ inch all the way around the scar border.
- If the product is worn during sleep, it should be secured. Use of medical tape (Epi-Tape) or other means is recommended to keep the sheet from falling off.
Remove the Epi-Derm every 12 hours to wash both the scar and the gel sheet using SilqueClenz™. In a basin of warm water, work up a small amount of lather with the soap. Gently wash the piece of gel sheeting in the soapy water, rinse, and then air dry. Make sure the sheeting is completely dry before re-applying to the scar. After washing, rinsing and drying the scar site re-apply the piece of gel sheeting.
Optimal wearing time for Epi-Derm Silicone Gel Sheeting is 24 hours per day. If it is not possible to wear the gel sheet for the recommended 24 hour period, a minimum of 12 hours per day is required, washing per the instructions above once in that period. Follow this procedure each day, washing and re-applying the gel sheeting to the scar for 1 to 2 weeks. At that time the piece of gel sheeting will begin to lose its adhesive quality and/or may become embedded with surface dirt. When this occurs, discard the piece of gel sheeting and apply a new piece.
Medical Grade Polymerized Siloxanes (Clear Silicone Gel). Epi-Derm Natural adds a Lycra (Spandex) fabric liner
Where is Product Manufactured:
Made in the USA.
Final Thoughts on Biodermis™ Epi-derm Standard Sheets:
Biodermis™ Epi-derm Standard Sheets can be trimmed if needed. This product is sold online for less than $50 and states that it is a comfortable sheeting approach. However, there is no Buy 2, Get 1 Free deals to help customers save money on their purchases. To see how Biodermis™ Epi-derm Standard Sheets compare, refer to the grid below.