Crow’s feet are nothing but clusters of fine lines and wrinkles that are formed around the corners (outer corner) of our eyes. It is a part of the aging process and generally starts appearing in the mid or late 30s. Two of our body proteins – elastin and collagen help to maintain the elasticity of our skin. However, as we start aging, the production of these two proteins reduces, leading to several signs of aging like wrinkles, brown spots, sagging breasts and of course our today’s topic of discussion – crow’s feet.
Apart from aging, there are other factors that are responsible for developing crow’s feet such as high pollution, over exposure to the sun, smoking, frowning, smiling and squinting.
Do not worry if you have crow’s feet because today we bring to you the top 5 natural remedies that will not only help reduce these ‘laugh lines’ but will also restore a youthful look on your face.
Egg whites – Egg whites help in tightening the skin, thus reducing the appearance of the crow’s feet. Take one egg white and beat it nicely. Apply it on the outer corner of your eye and along your cheekbones. After ten minutes, clean the area using cotton balls dipped in chilled water. Apply this twice in a week.
Papaya – Papaya is a rich source of vitamin C; it stimulates the production of collagen and fights the damage caused by free-radicals. Also, papain (an enzyme in papaya) helps in tightening the skin and removing the dead skin.
- Take a piece of raw papaya and gently rub it over your skin. After 10 minutes, wash off with cold water. Follow this daily.
- Alternatively, mix the pulp of ripe papaya with some oatmeal powder. Gently massage this mixture over the area and wash off after 10 minutes with cold water. Do this 2-3 times every week.
Milk – Milk is very helpful in reducing the appearance of the crow’s feet. It contains glycolic acid that not only enhances collagen production, but also exfoliates dead cells.
- The easiest way is to drink milk every day for a healthy and glowing skin.
- Take a clean piece of cloth and soak it in milk. Place it on the affected area and after 10 minutes, rinse off using cold water. Do this twice daily.
Aloe Vera – It is considered as one of the best natural ways to remove crow’s feet. It has antioxidant properties that fight off the free radicals, responsible for causing wrinkles. Also, aloe vera contains some essential minerals and vitamins that tone, moisturize and brighten the skin.
- Drink a tablespoon of aloe Vera juice every day for 2 times to benefit from its antioxidant properties.
- You can also take the gel out of a leaf of the aloe vera and apply it on the affected area before sleeping at night. Wash your face in the morning with cold water. Do this daily and after a few weeks, you will see your crow’s feet getting reduced by a great extent.
Vitamin E – Vitamin E is an essential ingredient for tightening of the skin and regeneration of skin cells.
- Take 2 vitamin E capsules and break them open. Apply the contents around the eyes and gently massage for 2-3 minutes. Follow this every day before hitting the bed at night.