Both men and women try to maintain their youthful appearance for as long as possible. Aging on the face is associated with being less attractive, healthy, and energetic. This can translate into more difficulty in relationships for the dating world, and even being hired for a new job. If you want to prevent aging on the face, there are several things you can do without resorting to plastic surgery. Follow these steps to take care of your facial muscles and skin so you can look your best no matter what your age.
Prevent Aging On The Face
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. Nothing will help prevent aging more than maintaining proper nutrition throughout your life. Hydration is equally or even more important because every cell in our body is primarily made up of water. Eating food rich in protein, iron, vitamins A, B's, C, D, and E, and maintaining proper blood sugar levels will all help your skin retain its elasticity and firmness.
- Avoid excess sun exposure and tanning. One of the major contributors to wrinkles, lines, and rough or dry skin is the sun or artificial light. Always wear a sunblock with at least SPF 15 no matter what time of year it is. If you do want to tan, consider only short sessions. Your bronze skin today can translate into unsightly wrinkles and sagging tomorrow.
- Reduce and manage stress appropriately. Not only does increased stress lead us to eat and drink the wrong things and skipping out on exercise, it also contributes directly to the look of aging on our face and body. Not only does it deplete nutrients faster, but the scowls, frowns, and looks of worry you make can directly exacerbate the appearance of wrinkles and creases on your face.
- Stay moisturized and use healthy, natural products. Avoid harsh chemicals or procedures like chemical peels on your face. While exfoliation and certain treatments can be helpful to remove the signs of aging, sticking with nourishing lotions and hypoallergenic cosmetics will help your skin maintain its youthful appearance more easily. Always moisturize to keep your skin fresh and plump.
- Do not smoke. If you do smoke, quit. Multiple research studies have shown that smoking tobacco in any form contributes to wrinkles and other skin problems that make you look older than you really are. Of course, smoking is very unhealthy for your heart, lungs, and the rest of your body as well.
- Practice facial exercises or facial yoga. There are 43 different muscles in the human face. Most of the time, these are used to make expressions such as a smile or a scowl. If you repeat an expression for long enough, lines in your skin before. Crinkles next your eyes are called laugh lines, which may sound positive, but a crease between your brows, ridges on your forehead, and lines around your mouth are anything but nice. Various stretches, movements and exaggerated expressions properly done can help prevent the signs of aging from appearing on your face.