Cleansing your skin can superficially clean it. Cleansers can’t always help in unclogging the pores. Only if you unclog your pores, your other skin care products can work.
Why you need to exfoliate:
Here are a few things that exfoliation does to your skin:
- Removes dead cells.
- Unclogs pores.
- Promotes fresh cell growth.
- Rejuvenation of damaged cells.
- Improved blood circulation to the deeper layers of skin to make the skin healthy.
Points to remember before you exfoliate:
- Choose a gentle scrub.
- ChAvoid the rough scrubs or those that come with coarse particles that can abrade your skin. This is especially if you are prone to breakouts.
- Exfoliate 1 or 2 times in a week. Too much of exfoliation can leave your skin dry and rough.
- ChDo not forget to use a moisturizer after you exfoliate.
Why a scrub might not be the best bet?
Scrubs usually contain rough particles or granules that work on your skin. This might not be a great choice if you have a skin that is sensitive or dry. It might make the situation worse and might cause breakouts. Too many rough particles can even damage your skin if used too often.
What are the alternatives to using a scrub?
Scrubs aren’t your only resort if you wish to exfoliate your skin. Here are a few other ways in which you could exfoliate your skin instead of using scrubs:
- Exfoliating gloves:Unless you have a very dry skin, this is a great option. Using exfoliating gloves can exfoliate your skin without the need for a scrub. This saves time and is safe as you do not have to worry about the way your skin would react to scrubs.
- Washcloth:Using the washcloth is another quick method to exfoliate. Dab a bit of mild moisturizing cleanser on the washcloth and work up a lather. For the facial skin, work around the face in gentle circular motions.
- Honey:The whole point of exfoliating is to remove the dead cells. Honey does this easily. Honey is also known for its antibacterial properties. It can act as a cleanser, exfoliator, and moisturizer, all-in-one. The best part is that it does all these without damaging the skin. Honey is also great for sensitive skin.
- Dry body brush:Use a body brush with short and soft bristles. Dry brushing can remove the cellulite buildup on the skin. Just be cautious to do it the right way. Use the brush in a circular motion all over the body. Keep the strokes brief and gentle. This not only removes dead cells, but also improves the circulation of blood to the layers of the skin.
- Body peels and glycolic masks:Using a peel can unclog the pores. For the face, use the peels specifically formulated for the facial skin. The peels work because of their acidic nature that works on removing dead skin cells. But keep in mind their acid content and use them according to the instructions given on the products.