After skin is cut, burn, scraped or injured, fibroblasts cells create collagen to repair and close the wound. Collagen is a protein that is fibrous which make up the majority of the scar tissue. It exists in all skin, and is actually a building block of healthy skin. However in scar tissue, Collagen fibers are haphazardly and are arranged more frequently. That is why scars often look more or less noticeable depending on the severity of the original wound.
Millions of people suffer from skin damaging that will result in a lasting scar. For many of them, that scars will cause a lot of self consciousness and grief. Some people loose their confidence and feel that people look at their scars not them.
There is no way to completely get rid of a darkened scar. One can only look to lighten and reduce the appearance of the darkened portion of the scar, so that it can appear less noticeable.
There are different types of scars:
Hyper-tonic Scars: These are the most common type of scars we are prone with. They are raised dark marks that are caused due to skin infections.
Keloidal Scars: These are large, elevated, benign and dark tumors that appear behind the chest, back, and ears. These scars can also grow outside the affected area.
Atrophic Scars: Stretch marks are called atrophic scars. They create notch and sunken marks on the body.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Scars
Lemon: Lemon has natural bleach and helps in lightning the skin. It also contains alpha hydroxy acids which help to grow new cells and remove or reduce dead skin cells.
- Take some Lemon juice.
- Massage it on the scarred area.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse it off.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a week for best results.
Onion: Onion has anti-inflammatory property that helps in treating scars.
- Take some onion juice.
- Rub or massage this on the scar.
- Leave it for some time and rinse off with water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times daily.
Honey: Honey is a natural moisturizer and can be effective in the treatment of wounds and scars.
- Take few drops of honey.
- Massage it on a scar for 5 minutes.
- Take a hot washcloth and place it on the scar.
- Once it gets cooled and dried, remove it.
- This will help you to get rid of old scars.
Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera helps to reduce skin irritation, remove dead skin cells and produce new skin cells.
- Apply fresh aloe Vera gel over your scars.
- Leave it or sometime.
- Wash it off.
Cucumber: Cucumber helps to softer the skin.
- Make a paste of cucumber.
- Apply this paste over the scars.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with cool water.
- Do this regularly for best results.
Tea Tree Oil: It is anti-bacterial oil helps to remove scars.
- Take tea tree oil; add warm water to it to create soap.
- Wash the affected area with this soap.
- Then rinse it and dry it off.